Salsa4Life, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.salsa4life.com website (the “Service”).
Your Privacy is Important To Us
At Salsa4Life, we believe that the privacy of your personal information is important. This page notifies you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the options you have related to that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect a variety of information for multiple purposes to deliver and enhance our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
When using our Service, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable details that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Last name and first name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Country, Province, ZIP/Postal code
- Usage Data and cookies
- Purchases you may have made on our website
- Interests you may have shared in a survey
We may use this Personally identifiable information to contact you with custom tailored newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out or receiving any, or all, of these messages from us by following an unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email that we send to you. Additionally, you can update your email preferences by sending a message to us at info@Salsa4Life.com
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s browser type, version number, which pages of our Service you visit, the date and time of your visit, how much time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to improve our Service so that event information you receive from us is relevant to your geographic area.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies include beacons, scripts, and tags to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Statistics Cookies: We use Statistics Cookies to help understand how visitors use our Service.
- Marketing Cookies: We use Marketing Cookies to understand visitor behavior throughout our Service as well as our social media accounts.
- Functional Cookies: We use Functional Cookies to make our Service usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and to identify trusted web traffic. Our Service cannot function correctly without these cookies.
We also use third party advertising on Salsa4Life.com to support our Service. These advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they place ads on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google Ads, or Amazon) information including your your ISP, your IP address, the brand of browser you use, etc. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (e.g. showing Dallas real estate advertisements to someone in Dallas TX) or showing ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing gardening ads to someone who visits gardening websites).
DoubleClick DART Cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google Ads advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Disney Land, you may see Disney hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site like a site about home repairs). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can likely opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Location Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting
We use Google Analytics Demographics tracking on our site to collect non-identifiable, demographic information about our visitors. This information is not personally identifiable and is strictly confidential, and is only used internally to help improve the quality of our site and content to better match the needs of our visitors.
Our Google Analytics tracking code supports Display Advertising, which means your non-identifiable demographic information can be used to target ads to your across Google’s display network. If you would like to opt-out of such personalized advertising, you may do so at any time by customizing your Google Display Network Ads Settings.
We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected by the Display Advertising features of the DoubleClick cookie. All demographic information is strictly anonymous.
Use of Data
Salsa4Life LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To deliver and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To collect and analyse information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the use of our Service
- To prevent, detect, and resolve technical issues
- To provide you with technical dance tips, event and industry news, special offers, and general information about goods, services that we offer. These would be things related to the dance industry. Of course, visitors can opt out of receiving such information.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to–and maintained on–computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws might be different from where you live.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to share information with us, please be aware that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it here.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
There are situations where Salsa4Life LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law enforcement or in response to legal requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Salsa4Life LLC may disclose your Personal Data when it is deemed required:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the property or rights of Salsa4Life LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible misconduct in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Your Privacy Choices
Opting Out of Behavioral Advertising and Tracking Tools
You can opt-out of various Behavioral Advertising actions by exercising one or more of the steps listed below. Be aware that you will need to opt-out of each browser and for each device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
- Service Provider Opt Out: You can used the opt out feature offered by some Advertising Service Providers and providers of Tracking Tools. Below are some of these service providers, and links to their opt-outs features:
- Industry Opt Out Tools: Some Advertising Service Providers and Tracking Tool providers might participate in the opt out functions offered in the links to follow. These pages will also share more information about your options for controlling your data:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Consumer Choice Page (http://optout.aboutads.info/)
- Users in the EU can learn more about their choices and opt out of participating service providers by going here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Web Browser Controls: You can prevent the use of some Tracking Tools, like cookies, on each of their devices by using the controls in your browser’s support feature. Through the browser, you may be able to:
- Delete existing Tracking Tools
- Disable future Tracking Tools
- Set your browser to provide you with a warning each time a cookie or certain other Tracking Tools are being set
- Mobile Opt-Out: Your mobile devices might also provide a setting that allows you options regarding the collection, use, or transfer of mobile app information for Behavioral Advertising. You might be able to opt-out of certain Tracking Tools on mobile devices by installing the DAA’s AppChoice mobile app on your mobile device (for iOS, visit https://apps.apple.com/us/app/appchoices/id894822870, for Android, visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DAA.appchoices&hl=en_US) To learn more, go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074, https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en, or http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device, base on your mobile device type.
- Do Not Track: Your browser might also provide a “Do Not Track” feature, which allows you to signal to websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish these sites to track certain types of online actions through time and on various websites. The Service does not support Do Not Track requests at present, which means that we gather information about your visits both while you are using the Service and after you leave our Service.
- Opting-out of Behavioral Advertising does not mean that you will stop seeing online ads. It just means that when you do see ads, they will not be presented based on your specific viewing patterns and actions. You may continue to see ads on our website.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any non-transactional email we send. You can also update your email preferences by sending a message to us at info@Salsa4Life.com
Information Shared with Third Parties
We take seriously the safe guarding of your information, and are dedicated to protecting the information we collect from you. Our security measures exceed the industry standard. Our security efforts are to guard against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your information that lies under our control. Those means of protecting your Personal Data during processing activity include but are not limited to Secure SSL connections, at-rest data encryption, FIPS level-two hardware security modules, etc.
We retain Personal Data about you as long as needed so we can provide you with the Service, and beyond as detailed in our Terms of Service agreement with you. Your Personal Data is removed upon request (except as required by law), or after certain extended periods of inaction on your part. In some situations we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Upon disposal, we will destroy or render unreadable any such Personal Data. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Interactions With Others
The Service may contain areas where you can publicly post information and communicate with others, such as blog post comments, or discussion boards, or a guest blog post. Any information, including Personal Data that you post there, will be public and can be seen by the general public. Therefore, anyone who views these postings will have the ability to read, collect, and further share your Personal Data. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage, or dissemination of information posted or otherwise made available on such sections of the Service. By posting Personal Data online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
What Rights And Choices Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data and Other Data Subject Rights
You have some rights regarding your Personal Data, and we want to help you review and confirm that your update your information current and accurate. We may limit or reject your change requests if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, if it is not required by law, or if the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question. In some circumstances, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, to verify your identity and the nature of your request. We try to respond to all requests within 30 days.
You can contact us at info@Salsa4Life.com if you have any change requests or questions:
- Access: You can request information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of this Personal Data.
- Deletion: You can request that we delete some or all of your Personal Data from our records.
- Correction: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that we correct or update such data.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Be aware, that if you exercise this right, you may have to give express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, if this use or disclosure is required to enable you to use some or all of our Service .
- Objection: You can notify us to let us know that you withdraw the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for marketing efforts.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
You also have the right to file a complaint about Salsa4Life’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the governmental authority of your country or EU Member State.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, as a California consumer, you have the right to tell us not to disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in exchange for something of value. This is referred to as the right to tell us “Do Not Sell” my personal information, or your right to “Opt Out of Sale.” Additionally, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Data that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Data that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of service or products marketed by those third parties. This is a non-issue, since we don’t share or exchange your Personal Information with outside companies anyway. For any questions that you have on this, please contact us at info@Salsa4Life.com.
Enforcement And Recourse
Privacy Shield Inquiries
We are also determined to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection and use of Personal Data transferred from the EU to the U.S. in compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles wherever it applies. Under certain situations, you may also be entitled to invoke binding arbitration for residual claims about whether we have violated our obligations to you under the Privacy Shield, and if that violation remains fully or partially un-remediated.
Our Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18, and therefore, Salsa4Life does not knowingly acquire or receive Personal Data from children under the age of 18 (16 in the EU). If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 18 (16 in the EU), we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s Personal Data from the records of our service providers and will try to restrict that individual from future access to the Service.